2019 Kids Have Talent Contestant Rules
Proceeds from the Kids Have Talent Contest will help fund activities for the Uppercut Boxing Club and Independence Science and Technology Center (ISTC). These organizations serve the youth of Independence. They are 501(c)3 tax exempt. Please read all rules and regulations. Entrants must observe all applicable rules and regulations, or be removed from the competition. Kids Have Talent committee reserves the right to remove from the talent competition, any entrant not complying with the stated rules and regulations.
1. Show is open to all children and teens between the ages of 5 years of age and 18 years of age. A person’s age is determined by September 21, 2019.
2. An entry fee of $10.00 (non-refundable) per act must accompany each form. Assistance with sponsorship may be available. Contact information is located at the bottom of the page. Make checks payable to C.F.F.I.
3. A parent or guardian must sign the entry form.
4. Acts are required to keep the performance at three minutes or less. Acts running longer than three minutes are subject to possible disqualification. This will be at the judge’s discretion. Set-up time is not included in the three minute limit. Please limit set up time to 3 minutes.
5. No more than five members are allowed in an act. Accompanists are not considered part of the act and can be any age. Please limit the number of accompanists to three. Drums, amps, etc. are discouraged due to the set-up time limit.
6. Talent Division Placement for Group Acts: When a multi-person group is performing, the ages of the performers in the group will be considered to determine division placement. Placement will be determined by the age of the oldest member of the group performing.
7. Vocal acts may use recorded accompaniment CD with vocal background, but no lead vocals may be present on the tract. Accompaniment MUST be in CD format only, and a single track is preferred. No accompaniment on iPhone or other devices will be accepted. Any performer arriving with unacceptable accompaniment will be required to sing their piece A Capella. No cassette tapes will be accepted as accompaniment. No special effects or lighting will be permitted.
8. The sound technician and stage manager will have absolute control over the sound system.
9. Material, language, and costumes used in competition should be tasteful and appropriate for the contestant’s age and for a Family Entertainment Venue.
10. All acts may be recorded for promotional purposes to promote the contest in the future with no residuals or payment.
11. A sound check rehearsal will be allowed per act the morning of September 21, 2019.
12. There will be a panel of judges and their decision will be final. No Judges Score Sheet will be available to any contestants following the contest.
13. Winners in each division are determined by the judges and will receive a medal. A People’s Choice winner will be awarded a medal, which will be determined by the greatest number of dollar votes of the attendees.
14. The Kids Have Talent Committee reserves the right of final decision on any matters pertaining to the Talent Show not specifically covered by the rules.
15. Any act or performer, must submit an entry form on or before 5:00 pm, Tuesday, September 17, 2019. Send it to or drop it off at ISTC 125 S. Penn. Ave., Independence, KS 67301, (Hrs. 1:00-5:00 Mon.-Sat., Phone No. 620-331-1999). All entries must include requested information as noted on the Entry Form.
16. The decision of the Judges is final.